Backlight Repair / Inverter Replacement
Usually inverters fail in one of the following ways:
- When you turn on the laptop, the screen lights up for a short period of time and then goes dark. You still can see an image but it is very dark, almost invisible and definitely not usable.
- When you restart the laptop, the screen lights up and then goes dark again. The laptop works fine with an external monitor.
- Your laptop turns on but the screen remains dark all the time. You still can see a very dim image outline. The laptop works fine with an external monitor.
- The laptop screen works fine for hours or even days, but sometimes it goes very dark as it mentioned above. When you restart the laptop, the screen works fine again.
Inverter failure symptoms are very similar to backlight lamp failure symptoms and in most cases you cannot tell which one is causing the problem until you replace either the inverter board or the backlight lamp. From my personal experience, inverter boards fail more often than backlight lamps.
A faulty screen is normally obvious, you will see flashing lines, cracks, or half the screen on and half off.
Blank screens, without obvious cracks or black spots, frequently have another cause. If your screen is completely blank we will check the computer first before changing it – please note this can add a couple of days to the repair time.
RepairRestoreIT.com will swap your LCD or LED screen for a compatible one. Screen prices vary massively between models, sizes, quality and brands.
RepairRestoreIT.com always use the very best we can. Some screens have both shiny/glossy and matte versions. There are benefits of each – glossy makes the colours look better but can make it more difficult to use in bright conditions (under office lights or outside). If you want a specific screen type, please let us know.
Power Jack Replacement
Laptop power problems are usually caused by a faulty DC jack, power socket or damaged power connector pin, which keeps your laptop from recharging or powering up.
Laptop power connectors can become broken or work loose when the power cable is inadvertently tugged or repeatedly pulled, as this places strain on the dc power socket which can eventually cause damage.
RepairRestoreIT.com specialises in repairing laptop power connectors and broken dc jack problems.Contact us if your laptop has any of these symptoms:
The backlight on your screen is flickering whilst charging
- Your laptop suddenly changes from battery to AC power
- Your laptop battery will not charge
- The DC jack is loose or broken and requires repair
- Your laptop will not power up at all (a dead laptop)
What Do RepairRestoreIT.com Do ?
- We will call out and collect your laptop in the Belfast, Bangor and North Down areas
- We will try to diagnose the fault within 24 hrs and give you an immediate free quote.
- Once you approve the repair quotation, we will repair your computer and return it to you, normally within 5 working days.
Not all faults can be repaired at reasonable cost, we call this BER or Beyond Economical Repair, If this is the case we can advise you on the next steps to take, or we can source a new laptop for you.
On older laptops, if you agree, we will try to source 2nd hand parts in order to keep the cost to a minimum.
Search Terms – Laptop Repair, Laptop Repair Bangor, Laptop Repair Belfast, Laptop Repair Newtownards, Screen Repair, Power Repair , DC Jack Repair, Laptop Screen Repair, Laptop Power Repair
Areas covered – Bangor, Belfast, Crawfordsburn, Helens Bay, Dundonald, Holywood, Newtownards, Groomsport, Donaghadee, Millisle, Comber, Carryduff